As to support the growth of the global Islamic Finance industry, many organizations have established institutions and center of excellence as to promote research in Islamic Finance. This move is to provide the resources for academicians, industry players and policy makers in promoting innovation and dynamism in the industry.
The Islamic Finance and Wealth Management Institute (IFWMI), USIM is established on July 7 2007, to achieve its objectives by conducting applied research and industry training. The mission of the center is to foster the development of Islamic finance fields by delivering the best research outcome and provide solutions to the benefit of ummah as a whole.
To achieve this, IFWMI conducts applied research initiatives in specialized areas of Islamic Finance and Wealth Management industry to address operational challenges in this fast growing global industry. The Centre also organizes seminars, intellectual discourse series, conferences, consultation, training and publication.
IFWMI aims to be a catalyst of innovation in this niche area by sharing and enhancing knowledge and providing a platform for academicians, practitioners and industry players to share their knowledge, expertise and experience in the industry.
To be the global referral centre in Islamic finance and wealth management
- Conducting research and providing consultation and strategic partnership with agencies related to the development of socio-economy in Malaysia and overseas.
- Conducting research and providing consultation in Islamic finance and banking.
- Providing the service and consultation for entreprenuers and individuals in syariah-compliant personal financial planning
- Leading the Syariah Auditing discipline in accounting and financial reporting for Islamic financial institutions
- Foster smart partnership with the industry (local and overseas) by research collaboration, training provision and sharing of research findings.
- Collecting and providing the data related to the growth and development of socio-economic activities of ummah in Malaysia.
- Publishing and disseminating information related to issues, problems and solutions for the benefit of ummah in relation to its economic activities. Organising conferences, forums, discussion series, intellectual discourse, and training to disseminate information, solutions, and awareness to the stakeholders in Islamic wealth management
Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia,
Bandar Baru Nilai, 71800,
Nilai, Negeri Sembilan,
Tel: +606-798 6442 / 6307
Fax: +606-798 6441